Excerpt from Agreement with InfoDev
(This is what the InfoDev excerpted from the grant application we prepared.)
2. Use. The Grant funds provided to University of Tampere shall be used exclusively to bring together decision-makers from under-served countries to discuss practical solutions for the implementation of affordable global electronic distance education across national boundaries (the Project), as more particularly described in the Attachment.
A. ACTIVITY DESCRIPTION. Distance education technology has difficulty reaching those who need it most, particularly in less developed countries albeit its economical advantage, because of infrastructure problems, political unrest, costs, skills, etc. The purpose of this project (Project) is to bring together decision-makers from under-served countries who normally cannot afford to attend conferences) to discuss practical solutions for the implementation of affordable global electronic distance education across national boundaries. The International Interactive Workshop and Conference on "Emerging Global Electronic Distance Education" will include practical workshops and discussions on the establishment of International Coalition for Global Information Infrastructure, particularly in Education and Healthcare.
The goals and objectives of the conference are to:
1. Promote accessible, affordable global distance education;
2. Increase understanding of different cultural conditions, values and needs;
3. Emphasize values of sustainability and equality;
4. Link enthusiasts with decision-makers and funding resources;
5. Identify pilot projects that will lead to full scale distance education; and
6. Discuss standardization of courses, credits, accreditation.