(February 17, 1999)
|Global electronic distance education, global healthcare and telemedicine obviously requires information infrastructure in global scale. For this, we advocate the combined use of following broadband wireless and satellite Internet as much as possible.
1. Use of similar scheme as the "Medical
The technical investigation is now underway if
2. Use of DirecPC for individual home users.
B. Medium range via microwave (50, 100 to 200 miles):
1. Use of microwave network which can carry 45
This is similar scheme as the branch campus
2. Use of terrestrial TV frequencies for
C. Near range (up to 10 to 25 miles):
1. Between buildings with the use of spread
a. If in line of sight -- up to 10 Mbps,
2. In building use of the same, in order to save